[ecidadania-dev] [GSoC] Participation in a project

  • From: Fábio Albuquerque <fabiocbalbuquerque@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ecidadania-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 19:11:52 -0300

Hello, everyone,

I am an undergraduate student in Computer Science at Federal University of
Paraíba, Brazil and I found e-cidadania an exciting organization to work
with. I am very interested in some of your projects, more precisely in
Speed improvements, Create RESTful API and Create unit tests. These three
ideas seem good opportunity for students to learn important points in lots
of software.

I think the speed improvements seem very challenging, so I rather apply
either for this one or RESTful API (since other students already showed
interest in Unit tests and I do not have any mastered skills in python's
unit test framework).

I guess I am comfortable with both because I once worked with the
development of the web layer of a social network (which required
scalability and decoupled interfaces) and also took part in last GSoC with
Sahana Software Foundation on a project which was to build a Web service to
provide data interchange between SSF products, even though both were in
PHP. But I have an intermediate knowledge in Python and have been
studying Django for a class project. I find both Django and Python very
pleasant to write and design software.

Anyway, I am eager to learn more and would appreciate any hint in where I
should go so that I can contribute in a better way.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
--
Fábio Cruz B. de Albuquerque