[ecidadania-dev] Delay on release date

  • From: Oscar Carballal Prego <oscar.carballal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: e-cidadania development list <ecidadania-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 12:20:02 +0200

Hi everyone,

The version 0.1.5 RC2 of e-cidadania was planned to be released on July
1, and maybe some of you have questions regarding why it was not
released.

During the last testing a lot of bugs related with security and user
permissions were detected, and I'm working as fast as I can to fix all
that problems.

The good news is that we currently have a new permissions validation
system, much accurate and simpler than the previous one, and a lot
of bugfixes were made, but there's a lot of work to do yet, specially
in modules like the debate system, which is rather complex and requires
fine grained permissions.

In my opinion we should not release any new version untill all this bugs
are fixed, which hopefully will happen soon.

Regards,
Oscar Carballal