[eccotalk] Re: Results of the ECCO survey on Nonna's Planning Application

  • From: Chriss Ferguson <chriss.ferguson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: eccotalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2020 10:57:02 +0100

On 08/09/2020 10:55, Chriss Ferguson wrote:

Hi everyone

I have been trying for days to register - there is a problem on the website...

.  has anyone managed to register and leave a comment yet?

or is it just me?

I keep getting  : 'unable to complete your registration'

Chriss xx

On 07/09/2020 12:56, Mike and Jan Andrews wrote:
Hi all

Thank you for giving your views on Nonna's planning application to extend their opening hours.

The results were close, so we counted very carefully.

Twenty seven households put their views, either in reply to our email or on ECCOtalk. Eighteen households want us to oppose the planning application, whilst nine want us to support it. So there was a two thirds majority for opposing the planning application.

We will submit a straightforward comment on behalf of ECCO to oppose Nonna's planning application.

Meanwhile we suggest that making individual comments to the planning authority is a good idea. The planning committee will put some weight on the numbers 'for' and 'against'. However, the strength of the arguments also count. Ultimately the councillors who make the decision need good arguments for making it.

You can submit a comment to the planning authority by visiting https://planningapps.sheffield.gov.uk/online-applications/ <https://planningapps.sheffield.gov.uk/online-applications/>   and searching for 20/02633/FUL or for 'nonnas'.

Mike & Jan
Members of the ECCO Planning Group