[eccotalk] Fwd: Big Ride 4 Palestine - fundraising for playground in Khuza'a, Gaza.

  • From: Gordon Ferguson <gordon.ferguson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ECCO Talk <eccotalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2020 17:41:12 +0100

From Jon, who lives on Everton Road:

Hi,
Along with lots of other people up and down the country, Peter Long and I rode 36 miles last Saturday as part of the Big Ride 4 Palestine. I have also committed to riding 440 miles during the month of August. 36 miles is the length of the fence between Israel and Gaza, 440 miles is the wall that separates the West Bank from Israel.
We're raising money for the Middle East Children’s Alliance, a nonprofit organisation working for the rights and the well-being of children in the Middle East. MECA supports dozens of community projects for Palestinian children and refugees from Syria, specifically for the construction of a secure playground for Khuza'a village in Gaza.
If you would like to contribute to this then either go to Peter's just giving page, https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/petersbigride, which is linked to the main fundraising page. Or go directly to the overall page: www.justgiving.com/team/TBR <https://thebigride4palestine.us10.list-manage.com/track/click?u=fc688bb1ca7dabe0d1b83b7f9&id=a39872b631&e=fb8345e564>.
Thanks very much,
Jon