[ebooktalk] Re: FW: 2013 Man Booker Prize winner announced

  • From: "Trish Talbot" <trish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 19:47:44 +0100

Clare,
It's one of the things I find difficult about it, I must admit. When asked about that aspect of the book on "Woman's Hour" Eleanor Catton said that in a gold mining community at that time there would have been very few women, which is, I suppose, a fair point. Thepredominance of male characters put me off "Lord Of The Rings" as well. Sorry, I know that is sacrelidge to at least two members of this list.
Trish.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Clare Gailans" <cgailans@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>