[eagleengineering] Casters for Movable Goal

  • From: "art connolly" <connollyar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <eagleengineering@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 21:43:27 -0800

Kyle,
Did the casters arrive yet?  One test we want to try as soon as possible is
pull force required to drag the movable goal across carpet.  We need a "fish
scale" probably reading up to 20 or 30 lbs.  I have some simple ideas for how
to hook onto the movable goal and release it.

Basic box structure outside dimensions of robot probably want to be 27-28" by
33-34" versus the 29" by 36" we are showing in the scale drawings we've done in
the last few days.  Minor squishing of the internal parts.  We need to account
for the thickness of the ball-herding wings (allow 1" each side) and movable
goal hook (allow 1" each end).

Art Connolly