[eagleengineering] 5:1 transmissions - Ordered!

  • From: Wayne Morgan <waynemorgan1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: eagleengineering@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 11:48:48 -0800 (PST)

I ordered 2 of the 5:1 transmissions; they come with
their motor installed.  We can attach the Fisher-Price
motors with the 3.2mm 5:1 pinions.  Unfortunately they
are out of stock until later this week. I  will need
to order the pinions when they become available as
their website won't let you order a part that's not in
stock.

I talked to Rick at Banebots (970-443-1488).   He said
there is an issue with putting the pinion on the f-p
shaft, which has splines; sometimes the pinion cracks,
so we will need to be careful!
He said people have heated the pinion, cooled the
shaft (put the motor in the freezer) with some
success.  Another method is to run the motor and file
down the splines.

See you later this week,

Wayne Morgan

http://mail.yahoo.com