[duxuser] template problem solved

  • From: "Jean M" <jemenzies@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2014 12:11:35 -0700

Hi Susan and all,

I have solved my template problem with some interesting results.

Previously, I had manually set the Personal Template Path for custom templates
in Word as per the “Fix It Myself” instructions on the following site.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word-help/where-are-my-custom-templates-in-office-2013-HA103478764.aspx

I went back now and ran the “Fix It For Me” app on the same site, and it did
some interesting things.

It imported the BANA Braille 2010.dot template settings into the Normal.dotm
template. Wow Didn’t expect that. I do have my original Normal.dotm saved as a
backup. When I open a new document with Control-N or open an existing document,
all my Braille toolbar items are there and work properly. The odd thing is that
a new document uses all of the braille styles as default. Therefore, the normal
paragraph style is Body Text Times New Roman, etc. Very nice when one wants to
work on a lot of braille stuff.

I can always rename templates and revert back to my original normal.dotm
settings if I need to. I did try saving a blank document as a new “braille”
template, but I seemed to run into similar problems with braille toolbar items
not working. Not sure why. So, for now, this is working well, and I like having
the braille options always there.

Also, this Fix It For Me app re-created a lot of my templates with a number 1
after them. Again, not sure why on that. Makes a bit of a clutter in that
folder, but that’s okay. I know what my originals are, so can always fix it or
clean up if I need or want to.

Jean