[duxuser] Re: swift and word 2007

  • From: "Gary Metzler" <gmtravel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 07:39:25 -0400

Hi Karen,

Thank you for this useful information.

-----Original Message-----
From: duxuser-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:duxuser-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Karlen Communications
Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2010 7:32 AM
To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [duxuser] Re: swift and word 2007

Press Alt + X then press the Tab key to move to the DBT drop down menu. I
find that if I press Alt, let go of the Alt key and then press X this
combination works better for some reason in Word 2010.

The setting to show the Style area in the margin of Draft view of the
document which is the old Normal view is now under the Advanced options in
the Word Options dialog. In Word 2007 press Alt + F, letter I to open Word
options then press A for Advanced. The Word options dialog now has the
categories down the left of the dialog and the settings/options on the
right/Tab into them. In Word 2010 this keyboard command has changed to Alt +
F, T. The Word Options dialog is the same but they used the letter I for the
Info topic on the File/Backstage area.

The keyboard command to switch to draft view is Alt + W, E.

If you want a list of all the Ribbon, Sub-Ribbon and Non-Ribbon commands for
Office 2007 you can download an Excel 20057 workbook of them at
http://karlencommunications.com/MicrosoftOfficeAccessibility.html.

Cheers, Karen

Karen McCall, M.Ed.
Microsoft MVP/Most Valued Professional for 2009 and 2010 for Word