[duxuser] Re: starting page on line one

  • From: David Holladay <david@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 20:12:16 -0400

Lets slow down looking at formatting commands.

In Duxbury land, what you see in the braille screen should be exactly what you get on the brailler.

So if you have a line which is shown on the screen as the last line of a braille page, but it is not that way when it is brailled, there is a problem.

Duxbury has been told how big a line can be. If the brailler is not configured right, one line for DBT might occasionally yield 2 lines of real braille. Or the embosser may not be able to produce as many lines on a page as DBT thinks it can handle.

So the key questions are:

1) What embosser are you using?
2) What braille paper size are you using?
3) What are the page dimensions you are asking for? (i.e. 40 by 25, or is it 42 by 27?)
4) How is the embosser configured?
5) Can you tell if the embosser can actually deal with lines as long as you are asking for? 6) Can you tell if the embosser can actually deal with pages as long as you are asking for?

These questions and their answers can be tedious. Don is the best one to help you figure out what is going wrong.
you can get to him at support@xxxxxxxxxx

-- David Holladay

At 03:57 PM 9/2/2010, you wrote:

Probably some code to fix this, but maybe try entering a [<] code instead of the page break.
Betsy
At 09:54 AM 9/2/2010, you wrote:
I have a document that is set for double spacing. Every time I enter a page break the next page starts on line three. I've tried entering the code for suppress skipped line, which had no effect, and I tried setting single spacing just for that one line, but nothing works. Can someone help?

ANN FOXWORTH, BRAILLE CONSULTANT
DARS/DBS
CRISS COLE REHABILITATION CENTER
4800 N LAMAR