[duxuser] spanish braille

  • From: "Foxworth, Ann" <Ann.Foxworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 09:39:02 -0600

Is grade 2 or contracted braille used in Spanish at all?  I know that some
grade 2 symbols like the er-sign and the st-sign are used in Spanish braille to
indicate accented letters.  I've heard that in some Spanish-speaking countries
a form of contracted braille is used.  If you have any info about this atall,
please contact me on the list or privately.  Also I'm looking for Spanish
Braille training manuals.  Thanks in advance for your assistance in this matter.
Ann Foxworth, Braille Consultant
Criss Cole Rehabilitation Center
4800 N. Lamar BLVD
Austin, TX 78756