[duxuser] print to braille

  • From: Theresa Tasse <theresa.tasse@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 14:57:17 -0400

I typed in a novel using wp8 and used page breaks to coincide with the
print copy of the novel.  I also got wp8 to number each page at the
bottom
center of each page with the page number corresponding to the novel's
page
numbers, beginning at #7 (same as the novel).
THEN I opened this file in dbt 10.4 using texbook format.  In Global, I
chose to have WP Importer to Mark Print  Page Breaks. In Formatted
Braille
importer I chose to have ONLY the Print Page Numbering for both even and

odd pages to appear in the Upper Right corners. In Document, Page
Numbering, I chose Page Numbering for odd and even pages to be in Lower
Right, and Reference Page Numbering For Even pages in Upper Right. In
First Page Number to Display, I have changed the number from 2 to 7 (the

first page number that I need).
Everything seems to work including the dotted line that indicates the
end
of the print page but the number at the end of the line always shows 2
rather than the 7 that I changed it to.
I would appear that dbt will not allow me to change the number from 2
to7...and hold it.
I am sure that when commercially-prepared novels are produced, the
process
does not require one to manually number all the pages.  Besides, I know
I've done this before and it worked...albeit about a year ago and using
the previous version of dbt.
I hope you can help me.

--
T. Tasse,