[duxuser] notebook computer that allows 6-key entry.

  • From: "Lisa Hall" <LHALL10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "duxbury user list" <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 15:06:58 -0600

Hi everyone,

I am contemplating purchasing a notebook computer with much larger hard
drives, more RAM, and using Windows XP Home operating systems with a much
faster processor speed.  I am planning to use a Braille Lite 40 Braille
display with Duxbury Braille translator and Jaws for Windows version 5.
Anyone have any experiences on type of keyboards to be used for 6-key entry?
It is my understanding that newer keyboards do not have this capability.
Are there any notebook computers that will allow you to attach a standard
QWERTY keyboard to it?  Anything that I should consider is greatly
appreciated.

---------

"It's not over until I win!!!"
-- Les Brown