[duxuser] Re: more questions

  • From: Tom Whalen <ptkt3860@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 14:54:32 -0800 (PST)

Maurine, I am also doing the transcription course from the LOC, I do not
believe you can use DBT for the course it needs to be done with a Perkins
brailler or Perky Duck.

Maurine Park <Guidedog2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:          Hi. All,
  I received my materials from LOC yesterday to start my Braille transcription
course.  I started lesson one today and was almost finished when for some
reason between jaws and dbt something wasn't cooperating and I got frustrated
and had to stop.
  I'm wondering a couple of things.  one, do I have to use computer Braille in
dbt?  I have not been able to use grade two as of yet.  Whenever I attempt to
it translates into something different.  Also, I followed George's instructions
to a T and my dot six is still showing up as a comma. *frown* Does it matter
what v of dbt I'm using?  I'm using v 10.2e and a xp os.
  Thanks for helping me get started.
  Maurine

Yahoo! Photos