[duxuser] french and german in the same document

  • From: "Teri McElroy" <teri@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "dbt" <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 13:35:10 +1200

Hi again everyone

More on foreign languages again.

This time, I need to try and produce a label to go on the outside of a
cd case with both French and German titles on it.  When I have needed
to do braille translations in the past, I've used the French or German
translation tables under document menu.

If I use the French and German styles which I can access with f8, will
these produce contracted french or uncontracted?  Also, should I leave
the blank line between the two translations, or should I take it out?
I'd be interested in people's thoughts because the label needs to be
easily read by French or German braille readers which ever is
appropriate.

In the German label I have put a hard return after the second word so
that the label will fit on the cd case.  Is this ok or would the hard
return be better after the first word.

My labels are as follows:
[es~french]VarioNote CD-ROM
Logiciels PC[ee~french]