[duxuser] Re: financial questions

  • From: George Bell <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 09:01:06 +0000

Hi Douglas,

I hate to sound unhelpful, but there's a policy on duxuser of doing our very
best to stay on the subject of Duxbury's braille translator.

It would however be fair to say here that in the U.K. we've not encountered
many unexpected issues using older systems and DBT.  However you do have to be
careful when adding new hardware, such as the Version 4 Index's for example, if
you have an older version of DBT installed.  However if you upgrade DBT to the
latest version,  11.2 (SR4), you should be OK on Windows Vista upwards.  While
11.2  may run on XP, remember that XP is no longer a Microsoft supported
operating system.

As for other software, you best bet is to contact the developers, or one of
their support lists.

George Bell.