[duxuser] everest embosser

  • From: Teri McElroy <teri@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dbt <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 15:33:29 +1300

Hi Everyone

I always seem to be writing to the list about some kind of embosser or
other.  this time it's not for me though!

I have someone contacting me who has a new everest embosser.  When she
uses dbt to emboss, the everest only throws out a blank page and
nothing more.

I have asked her to check if the test pattern on the everest works,
then at least I'll know whether the embosser itself is able to emboss.

She has selected the everest in the global embosser setup menu in dbt.

What other suggestions could I get her to try?  There is a well
formatted/translated document on the screen, so she's not dealing with
a blank file.

I suggested that she check the setting for double-sided braille in the
everest as that can throw out blank pages if not set correctly
especially if the file is formatted in dbt to allow for blank pages in
the prelims to make the back of a page blank.  I've had it happen.  I
don't think this is the problem though because she's only getting a
blank page and that's it.

She has the model of everest with a usb cable.  She's tried it with
both the usb and the parallel cable with the same result for each.
Could it be possible that there's something not set up properly with
the port settings or something on her computer?  I don't know much
about that.  she's used an everest before with winbraille and it's
worked ok.  The manual doesn't shed much light on what to do in this
situation.

suggestions greatfully received.

Thanks.

Teri