[duxuser] Re: Wish List Request for DBT Exception and Acronym Dictionaries

  • From: "George Bell" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 13:27:36 +0100

Hi Baldev,

I'll reply between your points.

> DUXBURY WISH LIST REQUEST

> Has the exceptions and acronym dictionaries been mentioned already on this
> list for adding to the dbt program wish list to be implemented in a future
> release?

Not by DBT, but acronym tables are implemented in the latest version of SWIFT,
which is still in Beta.  (Please see Mark at your college who has a copy of
this version for testing)

> I think, in my view, only two lookup tables is all that's required

In fact the way SWIFT's "acronym table" function works is to have one Common
Table, which can work with only one of an almost infinite number of optional
additional tables.  However, you will be able to "re-parse" the document a
second or third time if needs be using other tables.

This will allow you to create tables for common acronyms that appear in daily
common use such as RNIB, NLB, etc., and separate tables for specific
transcription relating to perhaps Local Government acronyms like LEA, PACT,
etc..

Let me know how you get on when you get the file(s) from Mark.

George Bell
Techno-Vision Systems Ltd