[duxuser] Re: Where to Get a Generic-Text Only Printer Driver

  • From: Steve <pipeguy920@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2015 15:00:51 -0500

According to the Enabling Technologies folks, the 64-bit version should be
resident on your computer.
You might call them directly because I don't see any reference to Windows 10
drivers on their site. 800-777-3687
Taken from their FAQ:

Driver for 64-bit version of Windows:

If you are running a 64-bit version of Windows, your computer can already drive
our Braille Embossers. Simply install the generic / text only printer driver by
accessing the Add Printer wizard under the Start Menu, Control Panel, Printers
(or Devices and Printers in Windows 7), and follow the prompts. Be sure to
select the USB virtual printer port that was created when the cable was
connected between your computer and Braille Embosser. This is generally the USB
virtual printer port with the highest number, but finding the correct port may
require some trial and error.

Steve
Lansing, Mi