[duxuser] Using DBT with Mathtype

  • From: "Riessen, Kathleen (SA School for Vision Impaired)" <Kathleen.Riessen440@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 02:19:28 +0000

I have been investigating being able to use Mathtype within MS Word with DBT.

I am currently using UEB translation, the standard in Australia, with DBT 11.1,
and Word 2010

Using Mathtype works very well, and seems to successfully import most symbols,
fractions etc.

However I have an issue with the minus sign, this imports into DBT just as the
hyphen, dots 36, rather than the minus sign, dot 5, dots 36.

This is the same whether or not I import from a DOC or DOCX file.

I have ensured that in Mathtype I am using Unicode 2212 for the minus sign
rather than a hyphen, but it still translates as a hyphen.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a workaround solution I may have
missed? I know I can edit it at the DXP level, but I don't want to have to, I
want to be able to have a seamless translation from MS Word to DBT.

Kathy Riessen

Coordinator Alternative Print Production

SA School for Vision Impaired

Tel: 08 8277 5255

Email:
Kathleen.Riessen440@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:Kathleen.Riessen440@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain privileged
information or confidential information or both. If you are not the intended
recipient please delete it and notify the sender.