[duxuser] Re: Trouble installing DBT on my other computer.

  • From: "Betsy Whitney, Dolphin Press" <brailleit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 19:00:32 -1000

Dale, I'll look for instructions and email you off list.
Betsy
At 05:13 PM 10/29/2008, you wrote:
I seem to remember this coming up once before but don't remember the solution.

I bought the newest DBT, is it 10.7. It came installed on my laptop which was actually set up under my wife's name but that is another long story. The original CD was not included and it took a bit of fooling about to get it sent. The authorization number was brailed on the CD case not on a card inside as advertised and the number turned out to be incomplete. I had my part-time assistant attempt to install but all we can get is the demo mode. Using the properties display on this notebook computer we were able to discover the full authorization code number, entering it though would not unlock the programme. It didn't seem to like the code.

Carrie is a fully sighted person well experienced in installing software so I am fairly confident this is not an issue where I wasn't locating something on the screen with Jaws.

Is there some trick?

Thanks.
Dale leavens.