[duxuser] Re: The new code EUB

  • From: David <david@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 11:45:58 -0400

Faith:

Yes, Duxbury DBT supports the new UEB (Unified English Braille) code.
The code, like many others, is constantly under revision.

Changes to the code are reflected in the various updates to Duxbury DBT.

DBT 11.1 sr4 certainly supports UEB; further updates to DBT will support it better.

This is a period of time when the various organizations and agencies are busy bringing their transcribers up to speed.

Duxbury Systems will do its best to provide the very best in technical accuracy of its UEB braille translator.

-- David Holladay
Duxbury Systems

At 11:36 AM 12/13/2013, you wrote:

HI, I have Duxbury 11.1 sr4 and I'm wondering if it translates into the new EUB code. If not, will there be an update that does? I know that we have two years before it becomes standard for transcribing, but those of us who are certified literary transcribers and proofreaders need to learn it. Thanks for any comments.

Faith Cummings

* as the subject to duxuser-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx . You may also
* options by visiting www.freelists.org .  The list archive
* is also located there.