[duxuser] Re: Starting page numbers

  • From: "George Bell" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 11:33:15 -0000

Hi April,

Good timing - I am working on that section of the new Help files today.

I can go into explaining the codes, but let's try and keep it simple for
now.

Start, or open, your second file.

Make sure your cursor is at the very beginning of the file.

Go to the Document Menu, and select Page Numbering.

This presents you with a dialog where you define the position of page
numbers in your document.  There are two primary sections, one for
Braille Page Numbers, the second for Reference Page Numbers.  Each of
those has two sub-sections, one for Odd Pages and one for Even Pages.

Use the Radio Buttons to make your selection.

Just a word of caution.  You might find what you want is greyed out, and
so not available.  This happens to prevent you from trying to put both
braille and Reference number in the same place.  If that happens, move
to the other primary section, and make your choice there first.  When
you go back, your choice should be available.

If you want the page numbering to appear on the first page, Tab down to
"First page number to display:" and make the number there 1 (one)

Press the O.K. button when you are happy with your choice, or press
Escape to cancel.

Now go to the Layout Menu, and select "Set Page Number...".

Enter a beginning page number in "Page Number for Next Page".

You then have a choice of Arabic or Roman numbers, again a Radio Button
selection.

Press OK.  And hopefully job done.

If you want anything more complex, then we do usually need to get into
Codes.

George Bell.