[duxuser] Re: Slashes to translate exactly

  • From: Dave Durber <dadurber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 15:27:53 -0400

Forgive me for saying so, but a certain level of logic has to be
applied here.  When you are preparing a file in the DBT print editor
for preparation to be transcribed to a braille file, you would not
normally be distributing the file for general distribution E.g. among
your co-workers, etc., for example.  If you did want to distribute the
file, there is a function that appears in most programs called "search
an replace" where you can undo the alterations to the file that you
had made in order to produce the braille file.  Following that, you
could save the file to a DOS/ASCII-style format so that it might then
be imported into WordPerfect or Word and formatted accordingly.

Thank you George for the information about the [/] code.  I will use
that code to force two characters not to be contracted instead of the
slash slash two character code that I am currently using.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber