[duxuser] ] Re: Software License Becoming Company Property

  • From: "April Reisinger" <kars@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 08:12:42 -0400

Dear Listers,

My employer has decided that since I installed Duxbury on my desk computer
at work and on my laptop at work for embossing that it now belongs to the
company.  They refuse to let me uninstall it saying that I put it there and
now it belongs to the company.  I do have the master disks, but what options
do I have to remove it from their computers?  Should I offer to sell them my
copy of Duxbury at full price and buy my own?  Should I go to an attorney
and claim that they are illegally using a licensed software product?  They
are saying that it will cripple their organization if I remove the software,
but I suggest that they find some other way to provide revenue for
themselves then.  I never thought it would come to this since I started the
agency, but I am resigning to get married and relocate and now they are
being really obnoxious.  I'm not even allowed near the laptop or my desktop
without eyes watching to make sure that I don't uninstall Duxbury or Open
Book.  Even though my work ends this Friday, I'm not allowed in the office
by myself aledgedly to protect myself of being accused of anything by my two
underlings whom I hired in the first place.  Please give your comments
freely.

Sincerely,

April Reisinger