[duxuser] Re: Questions for a friend that is losing her sight

  • From: priscilla arvani <parvani530@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 16:15:35 +0000

Thru the Talking Book Library the lady will be able to obtain all the braille
books for children FREE by enrolling. Every state within the U.S. are connected
to the National Library Services for the Blind and Physically Handicapped part
of the Library of Congress. You library is located in Jefferson City,
Missouri...contact number is 800-392-2614.  Call there and get her started as
well as anyone else who needs this and does not know of it.Below is the link to
the Braille Monitor which will give you details of the embossers that are
available..this is not the latest issue but its better than nothing...good
luck...priscilla
http://nfb.org/legacy/BM/BM01/BM0110/bm011007.htm

To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [duxuser] Questions for a friend that is
losing her sightFrom: Robin.Gerhardt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Thu, 30 Oct 2008
10:45:17 -0500A friend of mine who has been deaf since age four is now going
blind.  She has started using a cane and is learning braille.  She has asked me
about purchasing an embosser, but I'm not sure they can afford one.  I'm going
to lend her one of my Perkins Braillers, but is there a decent embosser out
there on the low end of the money scale? Any and all ideas on things like this
would be greatly appreciated.  And where do people get their braille books?
She has a son that is in Kindergarten and I'm brailling some books for her to
read to him, but she's looking for books that have been done professionally so
that her son can still look at the pictures.   Thank you! Robin K.
GerhardtBraille Transcription/SDAC Coordinator -
MedicaidRobin.Gerhardt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx's Summit R-7 School
District816/986-3225816/986-3245 (fax)Housed at:Bernard Campbell Middle
School1201 NE Colbern RoadLee's Summit, MO  64086CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE AND
DISCLAIMER:   This email and any attachments may be confidential and may
contain privileged or copyright information.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please call (816) 986-3310 and inform us that you have received this
message in error.  Please do not copy, distribute or use this email or the
information contained in it for any purpose.
http://windowslive.com/connect/post/wedowindowslive.spaces.live.com-Blog-cns!20EE04FBC541789!167.entry?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_092008