[duxuser] Re: "Please tell Microsoft about this problem"

  • From: "david poehlman" <poehlman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 20:02:36 -0500

you  should circulate this widely.

Johnnie Apple Seed

----- Original Message -----
From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2004 10:32 AM
Subject: [duxuser] "Please tell Microsoft about this problem"

I'm sure you have all had a message come up at some time or
another, telling us that a program has caused a problem, and
asking if we'd like to tell Microsoft about it.  And I'm
willing to bet that many of you said, "No!", feeling the
reports just went into a great big black hole in Redmond.

Well, if you get such a message come up when you are running
DBT, do please reconsider.  If DBTW.EXE has caused a
problem, the report will now in fact end up at Duxbury in
Westford, Mass., where the programming staff will be able to
analyse what the problem is, or was, and hopefully find a
solution.

This is good news all round because it should provide an
early warning system for possible problems not found during
the product beta cycle, plus hopefully help to diagnose some
of the more obscure problems that inevitably arise from time
to time in today's complex systems.  The end result should
be more stable software.

George Bell.