[duxuser] NBA announces a new format for fall meeting.

  • From: "Neal Kuniansky" <Neal@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 16:39:46 -0400

I have been asked to post the following:

NEWS RELEASE                                    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: May
18, 2007
NBA
FOUNDED IN 1945
NBA announces its NEW fall professional development conference format

"I can't tell you how much I enjoyed my first NBA conference! I learned so
much valuable information that will help me in working with my blind and
visually impaired students!"
----Lyla Dyer, Prince George's County Public Schools, Oxon Hill, Maryland

Professional Development Courses and Fall Meeting
October 25-27, 2007
Crowne Plaza Minneapolis North Hotel
Minneapolis, Minnesota

CEUs will be available!

NBA announces a new format for fall meeting. Emphasis will be on two choices
for a more intensive focus on these two subjects:

1.      Focuses on solutions for providing daily braille materials to
students-designed for teachers of students who are blind or visually
impaired and school personnel who produce braille.

2.      An overview of the NBA Braille Formats Course and Certification
Test-designed  for experienced transcribers who are producing textbooks.

Presenters are all nationally recognized experts in the particular braille
discipline that they will be teaching:
.       Literary Braille
.       Nemeth Code
.       Music Braille
.       Tactile Graphics
.       Formatting Educational Materials
.       Transcription Software

Call the National Office at the number below or check
www.nationalbraille.org for updates of the schedule and registration
details.

The National Braille Association is a sponsor of the Braille Authority of
North America.

equal access to print through excellence in braille
NBA
3 Townline Circle, Rochester, New York 14623-2513
TEL 585-427-8260
FAX 585-427-0263
nbaoffice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
-END-