[duxuser] Re: Math Style questions

  • From: "Teri McElroy" <teri@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "dbt" <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 10:00:43 +1200

Hi Rick

If I want to do a document in nemeth, I put the begin technical
context code at the beginning of the document, then the end technical
context code at the end.  When I come to a maths expression which I
want brailled in nemeth I surround it with technical notation codes.
I remove any spaces which have been put in to make something stand out
in print e.g. around plus signs etc so that dbt will interpret and
translate the expression correctly.  You may have to change some of
the symbols in the document to ensure they translate correctly.  I
find it helpful to turn off lists of codes I don't need when I hit f5,
and I do this by unchecking the boxes there.  It makes it easier to
find the ones I want from a smaller list.

I am working from a dxp file, but others who actually braille the
nemeth in a dxb file would be better to advise on anything to do with
that.

Hope that helps.

Teri