[duxuser] Re: Importing an Excel Table

  • From: "Oggie Jones" <oggie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 14:11:08 -0000

Hi April

For Excel tables try the following:

Follow these steps

·         Open Excel and the file that you need

·         Alt + F

·         A for save as

·         File type and come down the list and select Text (Tab delimited)
(*.txt)

·         Save

·         Open up that Text file in Word, it will appear as columns of data
with a tab separating them.

·         Ctrl + A to select all of the file

·         Alt + A to open the Table menu

·         V to Convert

·         Select Text to Table

·         Word hopefully will detect the number of columns and select the tab
character to separate text.

·         OK

·         This will now be a file made up of a table.

·         Give the whole thing a title and then Alt + F, A and save as a doc
file.

·         Bring into Duxbury

Note though you can have a saved file open in Both Word and Duxbury at the same
time you are unable to this with Excel so as soon as you have done the save as
a text file you will have to close down the file in Excel.  So long as you have
it save in the Excel format ignore all the other warnings about closing without
saving etc..

Oggie Jones

Techno-Vision Systems Ltd