[duxuser] Re: Hyphenation

  • From: George Bell <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2014 19:18:51 +0000

Hi Phyllis,

Perhaps you misunderstood what they said on your braille course.  I’ve copied
below what DBT’s Help says about Hyphenation.

You will find Hyphenation in the Document menu.

George.

When converting print to braille, DBT needs to have some set of rules to
determine where braille hyphens may occur. Only one table can be selected for
any given document.

None is a hyphen table that will not allow braille words to split across lines.

Dashes is a table that will allow a braille word to split across a line at a
dash.

Dashes and Hyphens is identical to dashes, except that it also allows a braille
word to break at an explicit hyphen in the text.

French is a hyphen table that will actively hyphenate French braille words at
the ends of lines. This table may only be used with the French translation
table, and not with any other table.

Note: The preferred Hyphen Table name can also be stored in the DBT document
template.  If you wish to do this, you should open the appropriate Template,
apply the above, and re-save your Template using the same name.