[duxuser] Help with Duxbury and VersaPoint

  • From: "Deborah Barnes" <dbarnes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 07:56:12 -0500

Hi everybody,

Got a problem.  I need to use Duxbury 10.4, a VersaPoint and one of those
newfangled adapters--adapting from parallel to UCB--I think it's UCB--and
using XP.  If I just go into Global, set up my embosser, is that all I have
to do or is there more I have to do.  Like isn't xp supposed to recognize
new hardware or something like that?  And I do have to say what port I'm
using so how, in xp do I know?

Thanks,

Deb B. (who thought it was going to be easy to emboss a document last
night???)

P.S. In case somebody wonders why I don't use a parallel port???  Well, this
new computer was _supposed to have a parallel port but it doesn't have one