[duxuser] Good keyboard for 6-key braille entry

  • From: "Steve Dresser" <s.dresser@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Duxuser" <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 13:03:41 -0400

Hi everyone,

This topic has come up periodically, so I thought at least some of you would
want to know about this keyboard.  It's the Logitech Pro2000, available from
www.newegg.com for $29.95.  It's a wireless keyboard, has a very quiet action,
and requires no installation of drivers on a machine running
Windows XP, SP 3.  It also has buttons across the top which give you quick
access to your default email program, Web browser, media player, and the
Windows calculator, as well as the volume control and mute button.  There are
some other buttons, but I haven't figured out what they do yet.  I don't know
how well, or even if this keyboard works with VISTA or Windows 7, but I assume
that it will.  Incidentally, unlike other wireless keyboards I've encountered,
this one does not require any pairing.  Just install the batteries, plug the
receiver into a USB port, and you're good to go.

Steve