[duxuser] Fwd: Re: extra Braille sheet

  • From: "Brett Winchester" <BWinches@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 14:19:09 -0600

I agree with you and use them for hand braille production and error pages for
placemats for my lunch (in the office) but the time and hassle of reattaching
them is too costly.

When I worked in a offset web printing shop, we used a double stick tape to
attach the new roll of paper to the web but than again these were 448 inch
diameter rolls of newsprint up to 60 inches in width  weighing 500 to 600 lbs.

even with the double stick tape there was a minimum of 50 to 100 projects lost
while the press was brought up to speed and the ink registers were corrected
again.  Good stuff for the recycles.

We would give the roll centers away if they were not going back to the recycle
for teachers to use in banner projects sometimes.

      thank you!

BRETT K WINCHESTER  PM  KD7JN   VOLUNTEER & READING SERVICES MANAGER
brett_winchester@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.icbvi.state.id.us/brochure/RADIO.HTM
Member IAAIS International Association of Audio Information Services
IDAHO COMMISSION f/t BLIND & VISUALLY IMPAIRED - ICBVI
P O BOX 83720,    341 W WASHINGTON,    BOISE IDAHO  83720-0012
208-334-3220 ext 104 +7=voice mail after hours,                    Fax
208-334-2963