[duxuser] Re: Finnish Braille rules

  • From: David Holladay <david@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 09:10:01 -0400

Nadine:

It is my understanding that braille contractions are not in use in Finland.

The Duxbury braille table for Finnish does not use contractions.

The lack of braille contractions makes the braille rules really simple.

According to published reports, there is a separate Finnish math and science code (published in 1978). I do not have a copy.
If available, it would be in Finnish.

I have a one page pdf braille chart for Finland that I will e-mail to you off list.

-- David Holladay

At 12:07 AM 9/23/2010, you wrote:

Hi all,

Does anyone know where I can find the rules for Finnish Braille, in English?

Cheers,
Nadine