[duxuser] Re: Embosser Not Able to Find File Specified

  • From: Lucia Hasty <lucia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2015 13:09:30 -0700

In DBT, check Embosser Setup under both Global and Document. They should
both have your Basic D selected. Tigers can sometimes be pretty bossy and
take over the settings.

Also, did you know that your Basic D will produce nice graphics (depending
on how old it is)? The only software it recognizes is TactileView. And if
the graphics are simple/uncluttered, graphics created in Duxbury's QuickTac
will also emboss on Basic D.

If you need more information, contact me off list at email below.

Lucia

*Lucia Hasty, MA, TVIRocky Mountain Braille Associates Colorado Springs,
CO Braille and Tactile GraphicsLucia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<Lucia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>www.TactileGraphics.org
<http://www.TactileGraphics.org>*

On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 12:56 PM, Debora Pierce <dpierce@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Duxusers,

My embosser is an Everest D that I have used with Duxbury for years.
Yesterday I added a Tiger Max embosser so I could try the graphics. Now I
cannot get my Everest D to emboss my Duxbury files. Any ideas on how to
fix this?

This is the error message I get when I try to emboss to the Everest D:

Embossing failed due to an error at line 1258 of file dxemb_job.c: The
system cannot find the file specified. [2/0x00000002]

Thank you.

--
Debbie Pierce
Certified Braille Transcriber