[duxuser] Re: Determing How Many Pages In Braille.

  • From: "George Bell" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 13:57:04 -0000

Hi Eileen,

1) To determine placement of page numbering in DBT, go to the Document Menu and
Select Page Numbering.  You will be presented with a screen which allows you to
decide where you want the numbers placed.

2) I'm not quite sure whether you mean how to forecast the number of pages, or
to determine the actual number of pages after you have translated.

In the first case, as a very rough rule of thumb, a page of A4 print will
translate to roughly 3 - 4 pages in braille.  However, this is a very
approximate guide, as much can depend on layout.

In the second case, once you have translated the document, hold down Ctrl +
End, which will take you to the end of the braille document.  Either read the
Status line at the foot of the Duxbury window, or up or down arrow until you
reach the line of the page where the page number is located.

George Bell.

   _____