[duxuser] DBT on Vista and Global Printer Setup

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <duxnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 16:40:08 -0000

As Vista users may know, if you wish to select a specific ink printer
in DBT's Global: Printer Setup, the "Printer" button is missing.
However, normally print will go to your default printer.

This is a problem which is NOT exclusive to DBT.  I have exactly the
same problem with our accounting package, which is probably the major
one here in the U.K.

However, there is a remarkably easy solution.  When you call up
Global: Printer Setup, simply hold down the Alt key and press the
letter p.

The printer selection dialog/box will then magically appear, and allow
you to select a printer from your normal list of printers.