[duxuser] Re: Cursor Locator Not Working In Standard

  • From: "JAN CARROLL" <jcarroll@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 11:33:08 -0500

So is your response that swifter and Braille.dot either one will NOT work with
WORD 97?

Jan Carroll
Contract Administration Manager
American Printing House f/the Blind
1839 Frankfort Avenue
Louisville, KY 40206-0085
Phone: 800-223-1839
Fax: 502-899-2284
Email: jcarroll@xxxxxxx

>>> george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 11/11/2004 11:16:42 AM >>>
Hi Jan,

Sounds like a fluke, but keep an eye on it anyway.

As regards Office/Word 97, I'm afraid supporting software
which is over 5 years old these days is becoming extremely
difficult, and in some cases impossible.  Indeed there have
been three releases of Office since 97, and unfortunately
there were major changes between Office 97 and Office 2000.

George.

CARROLL
> Sent: 11 November 2004 15:02
> To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [duxuser] Re: Cursor Locator Not Working In
Standard

> Well it must have been fluke.  I have tried and tried to
make
> it do it again and it won't.  IT WORKS.  But I had closed
dux
> and reopened it too.  So maybe I had confused it.
>
> I have another question now:  I was to use the swifter
style
> mapper and I am using WORD 97.  I have swifter in my
startup
> office folder but it won't work.  Is it because of WORD
97.
> The Braille Template won't work either.
>
> Jan Carroll
> Contract Administration Manager
> American Printing House f/the Blind
> 1839 Frankfort Avenue
> Louisville, KY 40206-0085
> Phone: 800-223-1839
> Fax: 502-899-2284
> Email: jcarroll@xxxxxxx

> Hi Jan,
>
> I've tried replicating this problem locally, using
different
> view with the Standard Literary Template and cannot get
the
> cursor locator to fail.
>
> Is it all files, or just one in particular?
>
> George.

Standard

> > I have a word file that I formatted using the WORD
> template.
> > I want to open the file in the Standard Literary Format.

> > When I go from print to braille to view my cursor
locator does not
> > work.
> >
> > When I open the word fle in the BANA template and go
from print to
> > braille my cursor locator works.
> >
> > What's up with this?
> >
> > Jan Carroll
> > Contract Administration Manager
> > American Printing House f/the Blind
> > 1839 Frankfort Avenue
> > Louisville, KY 40206-0085
> > Phone: 800-223-1839
> > Fax: 502-899-2284
> > Email: jcarroll@xxxxxxx
> >

> > * * *
> > * This message is via list duxuser at freelists.org.
> > * To unsubscribe, send a blank message with
> > *   unsubscribe
> > * as the subject to <duxuser-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>. You
> may also
> > * subscribe, unsubscribe, and set vacation mode and
other
> subscription
> > * options by visiting //www.freelists.org.  The
list
> archive
> > * is also located there.
> > * Duxbury Systems' web site is
> http://www.duxburysystems.com
> > * * *
> >

> This Message has been scanned for viruses by McAfee
Groupshield.