[duxuser] Re: Converting HTML TO BRAILLE

  • From: "George Bell" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 13:51:02 -0000

Hi Doug,

This is a slightly tricky one, but if I understand you correctly, you want to
have a Table of Contents which give braille page numbers as opposed to
Hyperlinks.  If so, here's what I suggest which hopefully will get you kick
started.

1) In Word, make sure that the Respective TOC Bookmarked text is in a Heading
Style.  I know this can be a tedious process, but sometimes you get lucky, and
find it has already been done.

2) Save the document as a Word File, and then open it in DBT.

3) Your original Hyperlinked Table of Contents will still be showing in DBT.
Personally, I tend to leave it there for the moment.

4) Translate your document.

5) Place your cursor where you want the Table of Contents to appear, then go to
the Layout Menu and select Generate Table of Contents.

6) You can now compare the existing TOC with the new one to ensure that you
have caught everything.  If you find any mistakes, make a careful note of them.

8) If you are happy with the changes, you can now delete the OLD TOC, and
re-translate.

9) Repeat stage 5 - That is: re-generate the Table of Contents.

This my seem rather a long winded way of doing it, but first time round it's
better to play safe.

George Bell.

---