[duxuser] Re: Continuation of Interrupted Print Job?

  • From: Steve Dresser <s.dresser@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 11:19:13 -0500

Hi Eileen,

Near the bottom of the DBT window, there is a status line that displays the braille page number, along with some other information. If you position your cursor at the point where you want to restart embossing, the correct page number will appear on that status line. Just use that number as the starting page in the dialog, and pick some outrageously high number for the ending page number, and you'll get the results you want. Since you're printing on both sides of the page, you may want the ending page number to be even, and somewhat higher than your estimate of what the last page number should be. So, for example, if you think there are 155 pages, use 200 for the ending page number.

I've never tried this, but you might be able to print your .brf file directly to your embosser. To do this, open Windows Explorer or My Computer and find the file. When you've found it, right click on it and select Print from the context menu. This will open up a dialog in which you'll find a list of the printers on your system, and one of them should be your embosser. Select it, and click OK. If the document is correctly formatted, you should be all set.

Steve

On Tuesday 2/17/04 17:13 Eileen Scrivani wrote:

Hi Lloyd,

I don't mean to be funny or fresh, but I thought that was the entire point
of why the NLS introduced Web Braille ... to make it possible to emboss
books on home embosser's. And that they were already formatted appropriately
for doing so. If not DBT to emboss the file, then what should I used to get
it to the printer without wasting reams of paper?

I wish there was a way in DBT to select a very specific point in a file such
as a .brf and select from that point to the end or where ever and just have
it emboss, leaving page numbers in tact. <SIGH>

Thanks.

Eileen