[duxuser] Re: Basics....

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 18:13:45 -0000

Hi Jim,

I'll provide a little more detail for others benefit.

To change Grades and other issues, it is normally all done in the text
screen BEFORE you Translate.

When you hold down the Alt Key and press the number 1, a Code (which
you won't immediately see) is inserted into the document AT THAT
POINT.

I stress the "at that point" because that's exactly where the Code is
placed.  This allows you to switch between Grade 1 and Grade 2  (Alt +
2), etc..

From the View Menu, you can select "Codes", or you can key Alt + F3,
and these codes will be revealed.  In this case, you will see
"[tx][g1]".  This essentially tells the translation engine to revert
to the document's default translation, and then apply Grade 1 rules.

To turn off Coded View, go back to the View menu again, or Alt + F3
will act as a toggle on/off.

George.