[duxuser] Auto Reply Pingpong

  • From: "David Rosenfeld" <rosenfeld@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 01:23:28 -0500

Hello, everyone.

Sorry about my runaway autoreply at work.  I hate autoreply, and would not
use it, except that my boss enforces its use on pain of death.  I had sent
the appropriate message to invoke vacation mode in accordance with the
instructions from freelists.org, and since I didn't receive any error or
bounce messages, I inferred that vacation mode had been implemented.  I even
waited two hours after sending the vacation mode request before invoking the
autoresponse rule.

If I cannot get an exemption from the requirement of autoresponse use, I
will withdraw from the list in my work location, (assuming, of course, that
I haven't already been banned).  I will continue to receive the list at
home, but won't really have time to respond to messages, since I spend very
little time at home.

David Rosenfeld