[duxuser] Activating Duxbury under Windows 7

  • From: "Barry" <ausbarron@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Duxbury List" <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 14:24:18 +1000

Greetings to all.

I'm having a devil of a time with the activation of DBT. I'm using version 10.6 Service Pack 4. I've been happily using this version for some years with Windows ME and XP. My Win XP computer recently came to greef and I was forced to buy a new model. This one runs Windows 7.

I was able to run DBT in demonstration mode on this computer, but I've been unable to activate. Every time I try, I get a message saying that I need administrative privileges to activate DBT. Well, I am the only user of the computer, and my account settings tell me that I am the administrator. When the error message comes up, my only option is to click OK, which then closes DBT.

I'm wondering whether this gremlin is unique to me, or whether others have encountered, and hopefully solved, the same problem.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received!

Thanks,

Barry.