[duxhelp] error message when opening file

  • From: Christine Simpson <simpsonc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 14:58:48 +1000

I am wondering if anyone can help please?

I am using DBT10.5 beta 4. I have two Everest embossers and in order to get them to work properly through the print server box I have them both set as generic printers. This then means that they both work properly and when embossing files prepared in 10.5 I experience no difficulties whatsoever.

However, I wish to emboss a document prepared in 10.4.

As soon as I open the DXP file I get a warning message
"This documents embosser settings will not fit with the selected embosser. The document will not emboss correctly.
You can fix this in the "Documents" "Embosser" setting dialogue.

However, I do not seem to be able to do so. I then go into the documents embosser and choose my correct embosser.
I then choose ok.
I then save my file and close it

When I re-open the file I have the same error message again - so consequently cannot emboss the file.

The only way to emboss it so it seems is to go back and open 10.4.

Hope someone can please help

Christine

.

* * * * *