[duxhelp] Re: Print Braille Embossing Problems

  • From: "Peter Sullivan" <peter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 10:14:19 -0400

Hello Tesfaye,

This is about the oddest problem I've heard of so far.  David suggests that
perhaps the cable connection to the embosser needs to be checked again.  I
have only a two other ideas.

Is there some formatting difference for the Print Braille production?  This
would be something that could conceivable affect the software.

But the material in the embosser shouldn't affect DBT at all.  However, if
the material requires that we adapt the way we are controlling the Braillo
200, then I would expect a problem, because we don't make any such
adaptation for different materials.  Perhaps somebody at a Braillo can
enlighten us; we'll check.

I do recommend using DBT 10.5 only for testing at this point, although the
bugs do appear to have been relatively few.