[duxhelp] Find and replace shows incorrect line in translated line when...

  • From: "Sean Brooks" <Sean.Brooks@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 10:38:13 -0400

Performing a find and replace in a braille file.

Note in the two examples attached that:

-if the letters/words found in the find and replace are at the end of a braille
line, the translated line actually shows the next line down instead of the line
the hilighting is currently on.

Not a catastrophe, but certainly qualifies as something which could lead you to
make incorrect decisions if you are making replacements based on the line.

For example, from the image in2.jpg we are looking for all occurrances of the
contracted 'in' where it represents the contraction of the word inches and will
replace with the letter sign 'i' 'n'... as it is in the translated line.

What I see, if I'm not paying close enough attention is a contracted 'in'
hilighted, and the line showing a measurement in inches.  So I should
replace... if it were showing correctly.  Replacing this 'in' would be
incorrect as it is actually the word 'in' and should be contracted.

Thanks
Sean