[drn_exchange] Internet access

  • From: "Mary Stevenson" <mary.stevenson300@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <drn_exchange@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 17:24:49 +0100

Hi everyone,
LIBRARY  to be a Library card holder.
If not & you join they will give you details and times to book in advance.
Libraries in the villages also have computer access for the public to use.
Wheelchair access & a dog for the blind welcome.

Media Centre You need to bring your own Laptop. You also need a wireless card.
When you enquire they will give you a card with a password. A token disk is
provided free.
They prefer you to purchase a coffee when you use the Internet Cafe.
Wheelchair access & a dog for the blind welcome.

Internet Cafe above Kentucky Fried Chicken. To use Coins of the value £1.00
minimum then 50p per Hour. The instructions are on the vending Machine.
Micro world--0800 13 2201 is the service provider.
http/easyinternetcafe.custhelp.co
The Cafe is upstairs. Computers available.
dog for the Blind allowed. No wheelchair access.

To Learn Computers.
Thisisit @ the Mission Lords Street Huddersfield.
enrol in August for the September Start. Small Fee.
Wheelchair accessable. Lift to all floors. Dog for the blind allowed.

Flexible Learning Centre [fit for life]Huddersfield Technical College-[01484]
437030. or email mbrearly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Contact Michelle if you are in a
wheelchair or with a disability as they have the right equipment for your
needs. Book to work at home £7.50 plus  £10 exam fee.Dog for the blind
allowed.[same prices at Learning Zone]
Learning Zone Book hourly sessions on the second floor. All free.To buy the
book to work at home with is £7.50 & £10 exam fee.[ all entry & level 1] Level
2 courses cost £30 including exam fee.
Stair lift at the entrance up a few steps.To a level where you access a lift to
go to the second floor. Through a narrow passage to the information desk.
Computers to use.
Prefer Blind with a dog & wheelchair users to go to the Huddersfield Technical
College.
Paddock Community Centre Hold classes contact [01484-223193] office hours.
Adult Education @ some schools for computer classes.
leaflets provided in August for starting in September.

Brian asked how we can connect our computers to tell us on the mobile phone
when we have an email.
Contact your mobile phone network.
Contact you modem provider & link it to your mobile phone.

That is what they have told Mary Stevenson.
I hope this will be of use to Qaiser & Firael in the network.