[drivingpairs] Re: what we are and do

  • From: "Breanna Sheahan" <bjsheahan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 10:50:55 -0800 (PST)

I suppose I'll introduce myself as well.

I am currently attending UC Davis as an undergrad student, and taking
jumping lessons at the UCD equestrian center.  Unfortunately, none of my
horses are up here, so no driving for me. :(

But at home(Bakersfield), we own 2 horses that drive(TB X and Paint X), 2
minis that drive, along with a few others that either will learn to drive
or are pasture ornaments.  I have been driving for 6 or so years,
starting out with the miniature horses and then training our big horses
to drive.  I do train miniatures to drive professionally(carriage style)
at Tanglewood Farms. I show my minis in Training and Prelim(dep on the
horse) and want to start Intermediate with Fascination, all of the horses
are at Training level(TB is basically retired).  I am a confirmed
tandemanic, having borrowed a Tanglewood horse to compete in Training
tandem at the most recent Mighty Minis CDE.  I also drive the minis we
own in tandem for fun(they are not a show tandem...too mismatched).  I
attended the first Young Driver's Camp in North Carolina in 04--actually
that is where I met my roommate for Davis next year--which was an
absolutely wonderful camp!

We have one 3 yr old Clyde X Paint gelding that will be started this
summer--I am very excited to show him lightly next year(pleasure show or
two maybe?).  Look for us at some CA shows in the next year or so--he's a
chestnut pinto.  He is actually supposed to be my mom's competition
horse, but I wanted to drive him in his first couple of shows(hey if I
train him I want to get to show him a bit!).

Sadly this year I will not be showing in much(no RamTap for me), due to
college, but next year I will have my mini mare, Fascination, to drive up
here.  However, my mom will be driving a single mini at Ram Tap this year.

Nice to hear about everyone!

Breanna Sheahan
Bakersfield, CA