[drivingpairs] quick releases

  • From: "Helen Roeder" <sunshinefarm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Pairs List" <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 09:29:51 -0600

Quick release snaps:

You can also find these snaps at marine supply shops. They come in SS and they
are built for heavy loads, as in sails.   They also have several different
models and several sizes.  Personally, I like the ones with the quick release
at both ends.  But others prefer the screw together type on one end.  So that's
another source.   Prices seem to be comparable, no matter where you get them.
Good luck.

Drop pole:  Originally my little carriage had a drop pole.   I had a welder
modify the carriage and the pole assembly with a strip of metal with holes, so
that I could add a spring to hold up the pole assembly.  Been using it that way
for over ten years.   Works just fine.  Of course, my little battle wagon isn't
the prettiest on the block, but it's oh, so functional.

Helen, in North Texas where the sun is shining brightly and the air is clear
and cool.